Some Thoughts

Monday, May 17, 2010

Who really cares?

I got 3 missed calls at 5:05pm, 5:13pm and 5:17pm (Eastern Std Time) from Unknown. 99% is from Mama from Singapore (that 1% could be some random wrong number calls). Calling me early in the morning (Singapore time, 12 hours ahead), either something not too good or the usual $$ topics. Strange. Haven't got calls at such hours for a while.

Got home, cooked Salted Mustard Green + some diced pork rib + firm tofu = Giam Cai Teng! Chinese is call 咸菜汤. Hahaha! So for those who don't know what is Salted Mustard Green, it's really just our "Giam Cai". And for those who don't know what "Giam Cai" is called in English? It's just Mustard Green - salted.

Less than 10 mins, dinner settled for the night!

Then I remembered I need to return the call. Called home # no one answered at first. Then I realized Mama is most likely at work in school, in any case, I just let it rang. Papa picked up! Oops, must have woke him up. He told me Mama is in school and did attempt to call me earlier on, I asked how is he, he said ok... That's it. =)

Called Mama. Asked her what happened. She said "Happy Birthday". Now I remember. She reminded me and she is the first person to call me to say that. So amazing.

All these while, I kept thinking who really cares? Can't really find an answer. Sometimes someone did something nice and you think, oh, this person cares about me.

But truthfully, who is that someone who really cares enough to remember to wish you Happy Birthday first thing in the morning when they woke up? To do that, you at least have to be thinking about it the night before and at least remind yourself about this person enough to make sure when you wake up, this person is on your mind and you have to say Happy birthday to her.

Have been really down recently. I do appreciate that. I will remember the answer to my question.

Second person who called? My uncle (and aunt). Really these (mama and gugu) 2 people are mainly the answers to my questions. Even if the whole world turn against you, you can be 90% sure that these are the 2 people who will still care (the 10%? If I really did something awfully horrible I guess, something inhumane? Don't know...)

Then comes all my friends' wishes, Siying (this friend is like super friend too lor, super early, but dont know what's wrong with facebook I didnt see it until later, lol, thanks man!!!!) Gui Chun, Huiling, MeiFang etc on Facebook.

In any case, to those who have showed that at least they remember, thanks alot. I needed that and I truly appreciate.

Birthday ends at 12 noon tomorrow. Because it goes according to "the time" from where I came from! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home