Some Thoughts

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Suicidal stunts...

Be glad that you are reading this post now because it means that my suicidal stunts today weren't successful!

Today I prepared 2 packages that need to be shipped but cos we dont have much receiving this week so UPS people did not stop by. SO, the clever me wanted to try driving here. The UPS store is very near to the office about half a mile away but cos its all highway type of roads, so walking there might not be an efficient way. So the boss asked if I want to drive there considering that it is so near and direct. I told her if she feels comfortable with the idea of me driving then I dont mind...

Pfft...

Suicidal Stunt # 1: I drove onto the 1 way road in the opposite direct. I dont know what was I thinking about. The road beside the office is 1 way and it is the road that I always take to go home but yet I just don't understand why did I ever made that left turn out to the road! Then I just keep going up to the cross road junction STILL without realizing that I am on a 1 way road in the wrong direction!!!

Suicidal Stunt # 2: Then at the junction, I know I need to go right to get to destination, so I need to make a RIGHT turn. Singapore, right turn is always the outer lane yeah, but here, right turn is always the inner lane! So... I turn onto the OUTER lane... Then I only managed to realized I turn into the wrong lane! So what I did was, I saw this "small road" after the turn and there weren't cars coming out from there. So I thought I could do a 3 point turn to get back onto the correct direction.

Suicidal Stunt # 3: My plan could have worked but I got so nervous that while doing the turn and reversing, I step too hard on the accelerator and reverse too much and fast back that the car went onto the side and got stuck there. STUCK. The car couldn't get out of that place.

HAIZ... So I quickly called my boss to tell here I was in some sort of trouble and she get another colleague to come and help me out. While I was waiting, some guy coming down from that "small road" saw my pathetic situation and stopped to try and help.

He first advised me to full turn right and accelerate hard. Didnt work.
Then he went behind the car and tried to push it up onto the road. Didnt work too. Then my boss and colleague came. She tried to loosen the soil up around the tire hoping that might help. Then I told her to drive and I will do the pushing from behind, cos I can see that I didnt go too far down, should be pushable. Initially, I just pushed. Wont work. Then I tried to lift and... IT WORKED!!! Luckily, I am not the weak type, thanks to all the basketball trainings, exercises and working here that build up my muscles... haha! =p

Oh, then I have to explain what I said "small road" with the inverted commas... Because, it is not any small road... The road is actually linked to the expressway, which means, cars coming down from that road, will be coming at pretty high speed and not visible from afar... meaning you prob wont know when a car will be coming until it is like right in front of you that kinda idea... =.="

Nice right? Can you imagine in all the 3 stunts I performed, all could have gotten me into some very serious accident... Esp. for stunt #2 and 3...

Oh and... I still havent realised the mistake of the 1 way thing when performing stunt 3. I only found out when I called my boss to tell her I was in trouble... She was surprised I didnt know that road is 1 way... =(

NICE NICE NICE! Haiz... but I am in quite a bit of a trauma I think whenever I thought about the junction... all the cars from the other 3 sides I think were very very shocked... Sorry about that!!!

I think I seriously need to re-take my driving test here.

2 Comments:

  • hi hi! sorry for my absence. *blames the wedding* haha..anw im shocked with ur stunts...so dangerous!!!! omg!! thank god ur ok beb :) pls dun try this again..

    hwse things?? eh hav u finalized what u suppose to finalize???

    its still terrorry at my place.

    By Blogger vintageflavor, At Monday, October 20, 2008 10:37:00 AM  

  • hahaha! No worries! I know you just had the big day!!! Hope everything went well and I believe it did!

    Hmm, yeah I guess I finalised some, but stupid man, I could have gotten my first US pay check like last Friday, but cos I still havent got my SSN (social security no.), they didnt issue me the check... gotta wait 2 more weeks... Sianz... depleting soon ah!!!

    By Blogger Skyline, At Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home